Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Spending

I was hoping to do a weekly tally of spending & saving but alas, life got in the way! We'll shoot for a monthly tab though I may very well switch back to weekly totaling with a month's summary each month.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to record our grocery & household item spending just to see how (hopefully) well we were doing. We had made a budget late last year and I guesstimated that we spend about $300-$400 per month on grocery & household items.

Tracking our spending closely this month, I was on target but too close to the $400 mark for my taste. I'd like to think we'll do better in February but my hopes aren't too high as our meat supply is getting low and will need replenishing sometime this month.

Thanks to Super Doubles and Mega events this month, we have a very well stocked supply of lunchtime snacks and drinks, as well as convenience lunches for Jon & I when needed & various other odds n ends. Here's the rundown...

Spent $399.23
Saved $1797.26
82% Savings!

Our grocery store spends were typically in the 90% savings range. The inclusion of Target really impacted the overall percentage- we spent about $92 there this month with an overall savings of 12%. This included diapers and my protein shakes which add up rather quickly.

I'm also keeping track of my rebate savings. I love me some No Beer Purchased Require rebates and they really do add up!

We've received $80.96 in rebate checks this month for such rebates (along with the Baby Einstein refund program I blogged about in a previous month) and I submitted rebate forms for an additional $96 in various rebate programs that we're still waiting to receive. If you subtract them for our total spending, this would decrease the total spend to $222.27. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment