Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Free Purex @ Walgreen's - YMMV!

Discovered this *HOT* unadvertised deal on an HCW thread and wanted to share. There is a month-long unadvertised B1G1 deal on Purex Liquid Laundry Detergents. If you have any of the B1G1 insert q's, these will mean free Purex at your nearby Walgreen's. Keep in mind these q's expire on 3/06 so you only have a few days to get this deal!

YMMV means "Your Mileage May Vary." Some Walgreen's may not accept B1G1 coupons on
B1G1 sales or you may just run into a difficult cashier. Always ask to speak to a manager if you have an issue with coupon redemption. If the manager refuses to accept the coupon, you can simply have them void out the transaction and leave. You can then try your luck elsewhere or just give up on the deal depending on your level of patience and tenacity.

I went to my closest Wags this morning and should have just turned around when I saw that the cashier was someone who has routinely had issues with my coupons (especially when I'm buying freebies after coupons) but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. The manager on duty seemed completely confused by the entire idea and was about to call in to another manager there when I waved my white flag and left. I decided to try my luck at another location and had absolutely zero difficulty with the transaction- no questions, no attitude whatsoever.

I wound up paying $1.39 total for six 50 ounce jugs of Purex Free & Clear- enough for 192 loads of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment