Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Kindness of Others

I believe in Karma...and likewise, I also am a firm believer in Coupon Karma. I've often come into good fortune shortly after practicing random acts of kindness- whether it be on a coupon shoppers board like HCW by offering up a RAOK envelope of coupons, passing along some goodies to others in grocery stores or dropping off food donations at a food bank.

When I have my coupon binder with me while shopping, I'll frequently hand out a coupon to another shopper who I see has one of my coupon items. Or I'll give a cashier who seems pleased by a deal I find an extra or two of the coupon that makes a good freebie or cheapie that they could use later to get the same great deal. Over the past couple of weeks, I've done this quite frequently- most recently handing out the last several of my $2 off 1 yokids coupons to other Target shoppers looking at kids yogurts.

Later that day, my mother-in-law passed along two $10 Kohl's cash certificates she had received from one of her sisters while in Colorado. I like to think coupon Karma had something to do with this...I turned the two cash certificates into this:

Two cute spring outfits for Stella! Neither cost a penny after the Kohl's certificates. We have lots of hand-me-downs for her from her big sisters but none smaller than a 3T so I knew we'd need to be spending money on spring clothes that would fit her and soon. Well, hopefully soon- I am so ready for Spring!

What a wonderful way to start the week. Be generous and you'll be surprised by the acts of generosity that will come back your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment