Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Deal Roundup

I've decided to add a new feature to the blog - a weekly round-up of great deals I've found this week. Those of you with the same stores nearby can try to take advantage before these deals end- in most cases, this will be the following Tuesday. I've already posted some good finds during the Kroger Mega 10 event- I hear this will continue through next week.

It was a great week for healthy/whole foods deals! Kroger has organic cherries on sale for $2.99/lb (their regular cherries are on sale for the same price!) and organic cameo apples on sale for 99 cents/lb. I don't typically buy organic due to the higher cost, but I couldn't resist on these deals...and the cameo apples are super yummy! Very crisp and sweet. Kroger also has split chicken breast on sale for 99 cents/lb. You can make this an even better deal by using the Tyson $1/off coupon that's been in Sunday circulars TWICE over the past few months.

Target has lean ground beef on sale for $2.99/lb- another great price for 93% lean beef. We're running low in our freezer from the last Food Lion batch, so I restocked 12 lbs of this at Target. It's not everyday you find such a great deal on meats at Target.

I believe these deals (Kroger produce/meat and Target) end tomorrow so you'll need to act fast.

And since split chicken is on sale, I figured I'd include a quick and easy recipe for baked chicken (one of Jon's favorites). As in my turkey cutlet recipe, no need to measure. Just put your chicken in a baking dish sprayed with Pam, season it with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning and parsley flakes and depending on your diet, either top it with little slivers/slices of butter or liberally spray with a butter substitute, put it in a preheated oven at 425 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes. We usually serve this with steamed broccoli and some wild & brown rice. Easy peasy and delicious!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment