Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Deal Round-up: Christmas in July!

I don't want to post a pic to spoil any birthday/holiday surprises, but I made some GREAT finds at the Target toy clearance. All told, I spent $97 on nearly $442 worth of toys. Stella is all set for Christmas and we should have a nice stockpile for kid's birthday parties this coming year. I'm planning on making this an annual event thanks to the savings. I even used coupons on 4 items! You may be able to still find some great deals there thanks to mismarkings and misplacement of clearance items. Use the price check scanners on the endcap to find out what each item will total- you may be very pleasantly surprised! And always be sure to watch the register carefully- I had three clearance items ring up at full price this morning. If I hadn't been paying attention, I would have paid way too much for these!

Also wanted to give local shoppers a tip about Kroger- they have paper school buses with great coupon pamphlets and the Kellogg's $10 Fuel for School rebate form. Be sure to pick up a few copies next time you're in there! I also snagged a good pile of 55 cents off Propel hanging off the Propels at Kroger- these are on sale at Harris Teeter right now for 4/$5 so you can get these for a measly 15 cents each after coupon.

Thanks to some $1/off produce winetags I recently spotted, I bought $20 worth of groceries (including bananas, plums and blueberries, 6 Propels and a small bottle of Trop50 oj) for $3.90- an 80% savings for an order consisting mainly of produce.

Heads up too that CVS will be having more free school supplies after ECBs from Sunday through Tuesday. I'll be there bright and early Sunday morning! There are also other great deals on Electrasol, Blink & Visine (the Blink is a moneymaker with mfg coupons). You can find all the details on http://www.southernsavers.com/ under the CVS tab- be sure to check out comments section for the post because readers often post additional tips & deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment