Monday, July 6, 2009

HT Super Doubles Tally

I meant to post this sooner, but life got in the way. After multiple trips to various Harris Teeters during their inaugural Super Doubles week, I managed to snag $585 worth of groceries for a grand total of $107- representing an impressive 80% savings. I could have done better too if I had managed to find more freebies during the latter portion of the week after the Sunday circular (Pert Plus and Playtex disposable gloves were cleaned out fairly quickly). Here's a rundown of what I bought for $107:

1 box Eskimo Pie Dark Chocolate bars
2 Minute Rice single serve Saffron rice
11 Starbucks Mocha frappucinos
10 bottles of Lawrys 30 minute marinades
2 bottles of Smart Balance oil
10 bottles of Garnier Fructis shampoo & conditioner
3 multipacks Playtex disposable gloves (perfect for bathroom cleaning)
3 Borden fat-free American cheese slices
4 packs of Trident spearmint gum
9 containers of Blue Bunny ice cream
4 Sargento light string cheeses
2 Hefty One Zip quart-sized container (for Spencer's 5th grade class)
2 La Brea fresh petite country bread (used these to make 2 batches of french toast)
2 Jello multi-pack Dark Chocolate puddings
1 can of Reddi Wip
1 bottle of Filipo Berio extra light olive oil
3 containers of Uncle Ben's wild & brown ready rice
5 bottles of Pert Plus shampoo/conditioner
3 Kraft light shredded cheeses (mexican, mozzarella & cheddar)
1 Danactive 4 pack
1 bottle Kraft light Italian dressing
1 bottle Jack Daniels' Honey BBQ sauce
2 cans of Lysol Neutra Air spray
2 boxes of Archway cookies (brought these to Isabelle's end of year ice cream party)
7 large bottles of Dawn Pure Essentials dish soap
11 boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats
5 cans of Hot Shot ant/roach/wasp killers
7 bottles of Garnier Fructis hair styling products
1 Sure for Men deodorant
20 containers of Dannon Light n Fit Yogurt
7 bottles of Fruit 20 Essentials fruit-flavored waters
6 boxes of 100 Calorie Oreo mini-cakesters
3 small containers of Bumblebee Tuna
3 boxes of Kashi frozen waffles
1 box of Eggo Twist N Bake Strawberry
1 large California Pizza Kitchen Sicilian Pizza
2 boxes of Oscar Mayer light hot dogs

I'm still not quite sure if I'd prefer super doubles over triple coupon weeks- I'm hoping HT will alternate between the two. It was a double-edged sword for me in that it was nice to use some $1 and up coupons, but not so nice in that I hadn't really clipped with this in mind for the months leading up to this...so my binder did not include some of the coupons that would have led to even more freebies & near freebies.

I'll be clipping with this in mind going forward. I've learned some more tips & tricks too- I'll be buying up additional copies of Sunday papers on weeks where coupons are aplenty (or if there are a few of our staple items within the mix). I've done this for the past several weeks (hence the multiple boxes of Free Frosted Mini Wheats & Starbucks frappucinos!) and will continue to do so. I'm also hoping to get more space cleared up in our garage shelving to allow more room for stockpiling nonperishables. One of the moms I met at a recent coupon swap just had their new home custom built to include 2 in-home pantries and additional stockpiling space in the garage!


No comments:

Post a Comment