Monday, October 26, 2009

Burnout...

Alright coupon shoppers. I know I haven't posted grocery store deals or drugstore deals this past week and there's a good reason why- I'm suffering from coupon shopping burnout. Does this mean I've put a temporary stop on coupon/sale shopping? With our big family and their voracious appetite for all things fresh? Heck no. It just means I haven't had the energy to post deal match-ups or even little links to deal match-ups.

In my defense, there's not too much to post out there this week. Drugstore deals are rather blah and there's not too many loss leaders at the grocers this week. The one bright spot has been Kroger's Mega Event that began yesterday. I shopped there this morning and did very well. For local readers, I've decided to forego shopping at the Hwy 64 store altogether. They are just not very coupon friendly and it's difficult to really make the most of a buy 10 event when you're limited to using only 2 coupons per like item. Even more so, when they spend far too many minutes scrutinizing the few coupons you're able to use.

At the more coupon friendly High House location, I purchased the following items:

2 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Shapes
3 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot
Large bunch of bananas
2 -1/2 gallons of skim milk (this worked out to be slightly cheaper than buying a gallon)
2 Lean Cuisine meals
5 bottles of Propel
2 bags of Chex Mix (one chocolate, one cheddar)
1 four pack of Activia yogurt
4 six packs of Dannon Danimals yogurt smoothies
9 pouches of Uncle Ben's wild rice
1 Febreze Noticeables Starter Pack
1 four pack of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Cooking & Baking sticks

Total Value of Items Purchased: $87.52
Less Coupon & Sale Savings: -$77.51
Total Out of Pocket: $10.01

That's nearly a 90% savings! I also received a $3.50 OYNO Catalina for buying 5 or more BC Fruit Snacks and a $1.00 OYNO Catalina from Uncle Ben's.

Our kids go through fruit snacks for school lunches like crazy so I plan on rolling the $3.50 Catalinas to buy more boxes to stockpile.

3 comments:

  1. Where is the High House one at??? It's not listed on their website, and I would love to check it out! Though I've never really had any probs at the Apex store

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's at Maynard Crossing- on the corner of High House & Maynard. Have you tried using more than 2 coupons for like items at the Apex one? They never let me do this and it is so frustrating. I can understand the rationale for internet coupons but paper! I mean, come on now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I have or not. They DO scrutinize the coupons though, but I could care less about that! LOL They never NOT let me use one so maybe I haven't. I've actually fared better in the self checkout lane. Do you know their coupon policy? I thought most places it was 2 IP's and 3 paper coupons(though most don't enforce that.)

    ReplyDelete