Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sharing the Wealth

Today I made my first official charitable donation of food and household items! After you've been couponing awhile, you find yourself with quite a stockpile of stuff. And yes, with a family of 6 we probably could actually use all I've been able to find for free or on the cheap...but it would take awhile- and as I've learned during a year of hardcore couponing, there are always more freebies & cheapies on the way. So, I took a big empty box from our garage and stuffed it with over 50 pounds of food (including pasta, rices, peanut butter and lots of Warm Delights), deodorants, toothpaste, unopened cans of infant formula and bottles of Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner and brought it with a happy heart to Western Wake Ministries in downtown Apex.

If you have an envy-worthy stockpile or even if you're just beginning, I urge you to gather up some of your couponing goodies and donate them to a nearby shelter or charity. There are so many folks in need right now. Normally, when coupon shopping I try to stick with only items I know our family will need or want. After speaking with the Ministries' volunteer, I plan on also picking up other kinds of items for the specific purpose of donating when I can find them for free.

As always, happy shoping all...and happy giving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment