Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why I love Harris Teeter...

Harris Teeter doesn't get much love on certain coupon shoppers' message boards as their everyday prices tend to exceed that of other grocers' everyday prices...but I still shop there frequently. Why? Because it's generally much cleaner than other stores, the staff is typically friendlier (they even know my baby girl's name!), they're definitely more coupon friendly than other stores and I really love their triples and super doubles promotions. Rumor had it that there would be a super doubles this week but alas, no. And I still went there today because even though their everyday prices tend to be higher, their specials ROCK and even more so with coupons.

Even without super doubles, I did very well. I picked up 6 boxes of Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn (my .40/1 q's expire today), 2 NY Strip Streaks, some Angus Sirloin tips, 6 cans of Campbell's Chunky Soup (these are free with .75/1 peelies!) and a Palermo's Thin Crust frozen pizza for $6.05. Yes, that's right- $6.05! I had two $1/1 beef winetags that expire today and $5 worth of Walgreen's Register Rewards and a $1/1 Palermos coupon too. Coupons and VIC savings totaled $39.41. That's over 85% savings.

Lessons learned- you don't need super doubles or triples to save big at HT and you need to keep tabs of your coupon expiration dates. If I hadn't made a quick run-through of my coupons this past weekend, I wouldn't have remembered that the Orvilles would expire and I would have lost out on super cheap popcorn (67 cents a box after B1G1 sale and coupon). Jon and I love our popcorn! I think it even tastes better when I pay less money for it. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment