Sunday, August 23, 2009

Free is beautiful (I hope!)

Alright, I feel like a colossal dork posting this pic, but figured it would be good idea to share the results of my free haircut- particularly for those of you who are on the fence about trusting your locks to a stranger. As previously reported in this blog, Alter Ego in downtown Raleigh is offering free haircuts to first-time customers up until September 7.

Since I have no issues being a guinea pig of sorts and was in need of a cut, off I went yesterday afternoon. Feeling particularly brave (or foolish, I'm not sure which), I asked to get a pretty drastic cut. My hair was probably about midway down my back when walking in and usually styled in the typical harried mom 'do (a hastily made ponytail). I walked out with it a little shorter than shoulder length and layered.

My stylist, Drew H., gamely took on the challenge and displayed no discernible 'tude when I noted that I was there for the free cut (although it should be noted that the client across from me was drinking a glass of wine which I was never offered - yes, I have grown more observant over the years). Drew was warm & personable and I really loved the look of the cut when finished. At first glance, my husband thought I looked like a "snotty soccer mom" but he grew to like it as the day progressed and the styling products wore off.

This was a very impressive freebie! I also walked away with 2 referral cards that I can give to friends for $10 off their first cut, $15 off their second and a freebie for their third. So local readers, let me know if you'd like one of these referral cards for discounts. You can email me at nccouponqueen@gmail.com with your address and I'll send one your way.

3 comments:

  1. with so much hair cut off...did you save it in a ponytail to donate? i bet you had enough! looks great! was it worth the drive to downtown raleigh? i'm pretty happy with my hairstylist - feel too committed to go elsewhere, i think. haha! funny how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Petrina, Looks GREAT! I bet in this heat, feels better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so good! Thanks for all these tips! I made my rite aid and cvs trips yesterday. Didn't do as good as you, but I got some GREAT deals and only spent about 1 dollar out of pocket for my troubles! Thanks again! Haylie and I are venturing to the gym after she wakes from her nap, maybe we'll see you there....

    ReplyDelete