Thursday, August 20, 2009

Great Hidden Deal @ CVS- Hurry ends Saturday!

Thanks to Jenny at Southern Savers for this scenario...

There are two Hidden Deals at CVS this week!!

1. Get $1.89 ECB wyb CVS Tampons at $1.89 (limit 1) FREE (some regions have this for $1.49 so ECB will be $1.49)

2. The following Loreal Deal is actually a limit of 2!
$10 ECB wyb L’Oreal Advanced Revitalift Deep Set Eye Wrinkle Repair & any Cleanser
L’Oreal Advanced Revitalift Deep Set Wrinkle Repair $14.99
L’Oreal Age Perfect, Revitalift, or Skin Genesis Cleanser 5-8oz $5.99
-$1 off LOreal Age Perfect product RP 6/21
-$1 off L’Oreal Revitalift product RP 6/21
-$1 off L’Oreal Moisturizer or Cleanser, RP 8/02, 5/31
-$5 off L’Oreal Deep Set Wrinkle Repair printable
-$4 off $20 in Facial products “CVS Autofill” booklet (ask the pharmacy about their autofill program & the coupon booklet you get for asking about it!)

**Deal Idea**
Buy:(1) Loreal Cleanser $5.99
(1) L’Oreal Deep Set Repair $14.99
Use:
-$4 off $20 store coupon
-$1 off Cleanser
-$5 off Deep Set Wrinkle Repair
Total Due: $10.98
Get Back: $10 ECB, makes it $0.49 ea
Repeat transaction all over using your $10 ECB from the first.

I did this deal scenario yesterday using all coupons and splitting my transaction into 2- one with the Daytime Deep Set Repair and one with the Nighttime Deep Set Repair. Normally, I don't buy cosmetic type items but when you're talking $1 out of pocket for two creams and two facial cleansers, I just couldn't resist. Hey, I'm no spring chicken anymore!

And the experience probably gave me some wrinkles- it was my first ever experience where I was made to feel like a criminal for using coupons. When I was handing over coupons for the second transaction, the cashier rolled her eyes, gave a big sigh and grumbled, "how do you get so many coupons? People like you are shamming the system and they'll put a stop to it soon!" It flustered me so badly, that I messed up on the handover of my ECBs and was out of pocket a little over $4 rather than the .98 and tax I would have been had I correctly handed over ECBs. Oh well, now I have $20 worth of ECBs to use for the next go round.

I had a few choice grumblings of my own after leaving the store. If you've had a similar experience, feel free to comment. Let readers know how you handled it.

2 comments:

  1. And which CVS was this??? Let me know, I'll go in and do it too. If a cashier said something like that to me, I'd have her job!!! I've worked in retail so long and taken so much crap from people, that I WILL NOT put up with it from some moron making 7.00 an hour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was at the one on Hwy 55 - I think it's at the corner of High House and 55. She was AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete