Sunday, August 23, 2009

Walgreens specials

Walgreens is a distant third when it comes to drugstore freebie favorites...and this is why I don't really go too often. But I did make a trip this morning for the cheap Sudafed- and to pick up my free scrapbook page. I spent $9.62 for the aforementioned scrapbook page, 2 boxes of Sudafed and 6 copies of the Raleigh News & Observer. I used 2 - $2 Sudafed PE coupons and $6 in Register Rewards I earned earlier this week. The Sudafed turned out to be 98 cents for both boxes after coupons and a $5 Register Reward I earned for purchasing 2 boxes.

Why don't I like Walgreens? Where do I begin??? Walgreens has a whole list of rules to follow for coupon redemption which make it tricky to work out a good deal. You're only allowed 1 coupon per purchased item, so if you're "stacking" coupons (using a manufacturer coupon and a Walgreen's store coupon), you need to pick up a filler item to make it work (and in turn end up spending more than you'd like). You can't roll a Register Reward to buy more than 1 of a special item (ie, let's say you received a $4 Register Reward for purchasing a particular body wash, you can't then earn another of the same Register Reward when you purchase another of that same item with a Register Reward).

Oh, and the Walgreen's closest to me has a most diligent clerk. When I recently stacked coupons to get Scotch bubble mailers for free, she stared at my coupons for several minutes with a furrowed brow and mumbled, "well, this can't be right, because you're getting these for free!" She then called her manager who confirmed that yes, indeed, this was right and I could use the coupons in such a manner. She shrugged her shoulders and continued checking me out. I swear some cashiers act as if you're taking money directly out of their pocket sometimes.

I'm wondering if there are any Walgreens fans out there among you. If so, please feel free to comment!

Oh and I nearly forgot- there is a GREAT deal at Walgreens going on right now for Huggies Baby Wipes. Their stock is getting cleared out rather quickly because of this so be sure to call and check on their stock (as well as pricing!) before making the trek to your nearby store. Prices range from $2.79 - $3.39 depending on store. You can use an in-store coupon in their Back to School flier for $2 off Huggies wipes and the 50 cent manufacturer coupon found in most inserts to make these 29 cents to 89 cents. The in-store coupon will automatically deduct off EACH wipe box you purchase - so, let's say you're lucky enough to get 10 boxes of wipes in stock, you'll get $20 taken off your order for the store coupon. If you have 10 manufacturer coupons, better still! Hand over the manufacturer coupons first and then the store coupon to prevent beeping and be sure to get one filler item to account for the in-store coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment