Monday, August 31, 2009

Why I Coupon Shop...

The answer is right in this picture! I coupon shop to help us save $$$ so I can continue to stay home and care for this adorable munchkin. Yes, it takes time & energy to find the best deals but it's totally worth the effort. I've cut our grocery and household items charges in half (at least!) and we actually have more stuff we considered luxuries than we did when I started coupon shopping (free candles & lotions & cleansers!).
I'll be back out to take advantage of Walgreens deals shortly but wanted to write a quick blog about my post-library Kroger trip. I did pretty well- bought a gallon of milk, 7 Healthy Choice meals, six Kroger 30 minute Sesame Ginger marinades (these are yummy with chicken and on sale for $1 each this week), 2 Shamrock Farms rocket refuels milk, a jumbo pack of Kroger comforts diapers, chicken bouillon, a 2 liter of Sunkist for the girlies, 2 Purex Naturals laundry detergents (75 cents each thanks to sale price coupled with $1.50/$5 Kroger bonus coupon and 2 doubled 50 cent manufacturer IPs) and a pack of Kroger Reduced Sugar Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal (super yummy brekkie) for a little over $30.
The diapers in particular were a very good deal. The pack was on sale for $6.99 and there's a $3 internet coupon out there bringing the cost down to a very cool $3.99 - you can print the internt coupon from here, just click on Kroger in the itemized selections to find it. Since you can print this twice, I was going to get two packs while there, but could only use one. So I had them put back the other back and will get it during another trip. We'll need to go back for the Coke deal that's going on once I get all my $1 Coke coupons that I recently traded for in my mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment