Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Interesting Dilemma...

One of the tools of the seasoned coupon shoppers trade is actually trading coupons. I began trading a month ago on http://www.hotcouponworld.com/. An unspoken act of trading etiquette is to include some extras in your envelope as part of the exchange. Generally speaking, coupon shoppers are generous folks. I've been known to hand off coupons in grocery stores and I try to look over the wishlist of those I'm trading with and include some extras that they'd want or need.

In trading, I've also received some really wonderful surprises in the mail as extras in the envelopes- most recently, a $20 Mail-in-Rebate when you buy Smirnoff Ice beverages in a minimum $50 total grocery purchase. Upon closer inspection of the rebate form, I learned that since NC law does not require the purchase of alcohol for coupon redemption or rebates I was not even required to make the Smirnoff Ice purchase- I simply needed to produce a receipt for $50 worth of groceries. You would think this would be an easy task but oh no, not since I've become a hardcore coupon shopper. I've looked through two months of receipts and there are no receipts for anything over $30 spent in a single transaction to be found. What's a girl to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment